Discover the Detoxifying Benefits of Infrared Saunas

October 20, 2021

Filed under: Uncategorized — drthomas @ 8:33 am
Infrared sauna, may help with removing toxins from the body

“Detox” is a popular buzzword among health enthusiasts. Most people believe that detoxification methods actually remove toxins from the body, but that isn’t quite accurate. In fact, if your internal organs are healthy, they can remove toxins quite efficiently on their own. However, there are things you can do to enhance that natural process and promote your overall wellness. Dr. Preetha Thomas, an experienced dentist in Southlake, may recommend that you sit in an infrared sauna to boost your body’s detoxification powers.

What Is an Infrared Sauna?

An infrared sauna, sometimes called a far infrared sauna, is different from traditional saunas in that all of the heat comes from light (specifically, from infrared light). The light heats your body more than it heats the surrounding air. This allows you to sweat more intensely at a lower temperature than in a traditional sauna. Plus, because all of the heat comes from light, there are no harmful gases being released into the air for you to breathe in.

Individuals who use infrared saunas report many benefits, including relaxation, better sleep, relief from sore muscles, and clearer skin. They may also be beneficial for helping the body to push out toxins.

The Detoxification Powers of Infrared Saunas

Normal sweat, such as what your body would produce while sitting in a traditional sauna, is about 97% water. The other 3% consists of salt and toxins. In an infrared sauna, the composition of your sweat is different. In fact, according to one estimate, only 80% of your sweat is water, while the remaining 20% is toxins.

This remarkable aspect of infrared saunas is especially valuable for people who are concerned about heavy metal poisoning. In fact, some doctors prescribe infrared sauna therapy along with conventional chelation treatments to help patients who have high concentrations of heavy metals in their blood. The infrared light and heat help to mobilize the metals and push them out through the skin.

Infrared Sauna Therapy after Amalgam Removal

Amalgam fillings are a common source of heavy metals in the human body; they are composed of about 50% mercury. It’s important to note that for the vast majority of people, amalgam fillings cause no major problems because most of the mercury stays in the teeth rather than in the bloodstream. However, if you are concerned about how your fillings might be affecting your health, it’s certainly worth asking Dr. Thomas about amalgam removal. She will talk to you about the pros and cons of getting your fillings replaced so you can make an informed decision.

If you do get your amalgam fillings removed, you might find it beneficial to spend some time in an infrared sauna afterward. Doing so may decrease the level of mercury in your body and promote your overall health.

Infrared saunas could be an important part of your wellness strategy! Why not find out more about this remarkable therapy?

Meet Dr. Thomas

Dr. Preetha Thomas is proud to practice holistic dentistry in Southlake. She firmly believes in empowering patients to make well-informed decisions about their oral and overall health. If you would like to learn more about her and the services she provides, contact our office at 817-912-1218.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

smart certification logo

© Copyright 2021, Enclave Dental. | Sitemap