September 2, 2020
You deserve to benefit from safe, effective dental care to help you reach and maintain optimal oral health. Despite the best prevention, there may come a time when you need a dental treatment, like an extraction or periodontal therapy. To ensure the success of your treatment, your dentist in Southlake embraces the latest methods and techniques to minimize any risk of complications, like oxygen/ozone therapy. This unique form of infection protocol enhances the healing process to promote a quicker recovery.
What is Oxygen/Ozone Therapy?
Infection-control is a critical component to dental care to support patient safety. Besides a clean environment and sterile dental instruments, your holistic dentist will also use oxygen/ozone therapy. A transient oxidative burst is used to kill harmful bacteria while also improving blood flow. This boosts the body’s healing process to streamline the recovery.
The ozone gas is applied to the treatment area, removing bacterial waste products. This can balance bacteria in the mouth, including pH levels and oral acidity. It creates a cleaner mouth to lower the risk of infection for a complication-free recovery.
What are the Benefits of Oxygen/Ozone Therapy?
The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology have reviewed and accepted ozone therapy to be a scientifically valid treatment in dentistry. The unique infection-control process provides a variety of benefits, including:
- Faster healing with fewer risks of complications.
- Can eliminate the need for drilling when treating cavities.
- Clinically and scientifically proven effective.
- No risk of allergic reaction.
- No discomfort during the treatment.
- Noninvasive treatment.
- Safe for patients of all ages.
- No downtime or recovery from the treatment.
How Can Oxygen/Ozone Therapy Help Me?
Your holistic dentist in Southlake can use ozone therapy in several aspects of your dental care to foster a healthy smile, such as:
- Extractions: Ozone therapy is proven to reduce as much as 50% of pain and inflammation when applied to an extraction site. It also kills harmful pathogens that can lead to infection.
- Periodontal Disease: Ozonated water or gas is flushed below the gum line or infiltrated into the gum tissue to neutralize bad bacteria.
- Root Canal Therapy: Disinfects the roots after they have been cleared of the nerves and tissue to create a sterile environment before the tooth is sealed.
- Tooth Decay: Bacteria found in dental caries is eliminated when exposed to ozone gas while creating a healthier environment in the mouth overall.
Is Oxygen/Ozone Therapy Right for Me?
If you have an upcoming dental treatment, you might be a candidate of ozone therapy. Ask your dentist about adding the natural benefits of oxygen to your plan to rehabilitate your smile.
About Dr. Preetha Thomas
Dr. Preetha Thomas prides herself on providing holistic solutions that align with her patients’ overall wellbeing. She embraces the latest methods and technologies to deliver safe, effective dental care. Dr. Thomas offers ozone therapy to reduce the risk of infection when restoring a patient’s oral health. If you have questions about the treatment, or you’re ready to see if you’re a candidate for the therapy contact our office today.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.